Join us on Zoom to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus with a service of carols and reading the Christmas story! Make sure to have your candles ready as we will sing “Silent Night” by candlelight to end our service.
Here is a sample program from last year!
Email Pastor Bill for a Zoom link: email@example.com.
FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Christmas Eve: A Festival of Readings and Carols
- Pastoral Greeting
- Prayer of Adoration
- All glory to you, great God, for the gift of your Son, light in darkness and hope of the world, whom you sent to save us. With singing angels let us praise your name and tell the earth his story, that all may believe, rejoice, and bow down, acknowledging your love through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.
- Lighting of Advent Candles
- Joy to the world, the Lord is come! We light these candles because Jesus, the light of the world, was born on this day, and he brightens all things. Joy to the earth, the Savior reigns!
- Reading: Genesis 3: 8 – 19
- Carol: #195 “Joy to the World! The Lord Is Come”
- Reading: Genesis 22: 15 – 18
- Carol: #207 “Good Christian Men, Rejoice”
- Reading: Isaiah 9: 2 – 7
- Carol: #221 “Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming”
- Reading: Isaiah 11: 1 – 9
- Carol: Away in a Manger
- Reading: Luke 1: 26 – 38
- Carol: #201 “O Little Town of Bethlehem”
- Reading: Galatians 4: 4 – 7
- Brief Message: “The Son Who Redeems”
- Carol: #211 “God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen”
- Reading: Luke 2: 1 – 20
- Carol: #214 “Angels We Have Heard on High”
- Reading: Matthew 2: 1 – 12
- Christmas Eve Offering
- This evening’s offering will be used to replenish our Mercy Fund, which provides financial assistance to individuals and families in need, most of whom reside in the Montgomery County.
- Prayer of Thanksgiving
- Reading: John 1: 1 – 5, 9 – 14
- Carol: #210 “Silent Night! Holy Night!” (with candles)